Did I hear on the radio today, that a Major pro tournament has been decided by a TV viewer who called in a players breach of the rules (ie penalty) that the officials missed......

they then penalised the player, some days later.

SRSLY WTF??  :blink:

The switchboards at Fox or CH9 would burst into a ball of flame if that were allowed in the NRL

C8cuTioU0AAc6tU.jpg

Can't understand those people following golfers from hole to hole.

Imagine following Greg Norman around all day. Fuck what a bore.

Went and watched a couple of golf tournaments back in the '90's. Followed Norman around The Lakes Course and followed a very young Tiger Woods around The Australian - it was about 3 months afterwards that he won his first US Masters.

Good days out.

Cunt of a game.

Boring to watch

Frustrating to play. 

I used to hate playing it. Because I was so shit.

I started getting better and enjoyed it more.

Now I'm still shit, but good enough to actually enjoy playing.

I used to hate playing it. Because I was so shit.

I started getting better and enjoyed it more.

Now I'm still shit, but good enough to actually enjoy playing.

I'm still shit.

And not interested enough to be less shit.

Back in my Wyong days I played golf all the time. Now, I'm lucky to get in 3 or 4 rounds a year. Usually try and get a game in when I go down to the van at Narooma.

I'm still shit at it, I can give the ball a decent thump but the little fucker rarely goes straight. If I jag a handful of pars each round I'm satisfied. 

't fuck up my back 

Back in my Wyong days I played golf all the time. Now, I'm lucky to get in 3 or 4 rounds a year. Usually try and get a game in when I go down to the van at Narooma.

I'm still shit at it, I can give the ball a decent thump but the little fucker rarely goes straight. If I jag a handful of pars each round I'm satisfied. 

I don't play much anymore, but the last time I did play it was at Narooma.

Nice course. Has a great view on some of the holes (Hogan's Hole is great - got it on the green in one which I was very happy about).

I'm heading down to Narooma tomorrow for the Easter long weekend. If I didn't fuck up my back last weekend, I would have taken the clubs down again for a hit.

I haven't played for years unfortunately and I was never particularly good but I could hold my own. The guys I used to play with all had good swings......feet planted correctly, shoulders, follow through swing etc. Used to annoy the absolute crap out of them that my stupid, unorthodox gumby nut form worked.

Anyone ever got a hole in one? There used to be a hole at Keperra golf course in Brisbane that was a really short par 3.....I landed about 2inches from the hole. Fucking frustrating.

I haven't played for years unfortunately and I was never particularly good but I could hold my own. The guys I used to play with all had good swings......feet planted correctly, shoulders, follow through swing etc. Used to annoy the absolute crap out of them that my stupid, unorthodox gumby nut form worked.

Anyone ever got a hole in one? There used to be a hole at Keperra golf course in Brisbane that was a really short par 3.....I landed about 2inches from the hole. Fucking frustrating.

7cm is my closest. It rolled past the lip and sat just behind the pin so from the tee it looked like it dropped in, I celebrated a bit early and as we got closer we realised it didn't drop....the most disappointing birdie I ever got.

7cm is my closest. It rolled past the lip and sat just behind the pin so from the tee it looked like it dropped in, I celebrated a bit early and as we got closer we realised it didn't drop....the most disappointing birdie I ever got.

Oh fuck that hurts. This was the easiest hole on the course by far, I daresay if I'd asked the club there'd be a number of singles on that hole.

't fuck up my back 

I don't play much anymore, but the last time I did play it was at Narooma.

Nice course. Has a great view on some of the holes (Hogan's Hole is great - got it on the green in one which I was very happy about).

I'm heading down to Narooma tomorrow for the Easter long weekend. If I didn't fuck up my back last weekend, I would have taken the clubs down again for a hit.

For such a small town it has a cracker of a course. I like the variety of holes too - the first few hug the ocean cliffs then it heads off into the forest where there are some quality holes too.

Hogans Hole is ranked amongst the best par 3's in the whole country. I like playing the 2nd and also the 5th hole too with the 3 old graves right next to the green.

It gets a nice write up in the below link.

https://www.australiangolfdigest.com.au/hogans-hero/

My mum used to work in the admin office at the Federal GC in Canberra so I scored a couple of free rounds there. They've played the odd pro tournament at that one so its immaculate. There are resident kangaroos that live on the course and the local rule is they are considered GUR (ground under repair for you non golfers) so you must pick up your ball and take a free drop away from the roos if they are lying in the way.

My mum used to work in the admin office at the Federal GC in Canberra so I scored a couple of free rounds there. They've played the odd pro tournament at that one so its immaculate. There are resident kangaroos that live on the course and the local rule is they are considered GUR (ground under repair for you non golfers) so you must pick up your ball and take a free drop away from the roos if they are lying in the way.

Fuck Canberra. Everything's immaculate and they always have different rules to everywhere else.