Diddee

RIP Aussie Cricket

Oh dear. Dead rubber coming up in Adelaide against the South Africans.

What a sorry state of affairs. What happened?

Steve Smith was such a promising captain just a few short seasons ago.

Boof Lehman seemed to be the right choice as coach, and once Clarke went, things were looking good.

Now the Aussies are a joke and there doesn't seem much talent coming through on the horizon.

I wouldn't be putting the blame all on Smith's shoulders.

There is just a total lack of confidence in the side, especially the middle order. Poor selections haven't helped, but the days of replacing one bloke for another just as good are long gone. Technique and decision making at the crease have been deplorable. Been a long time since Aussie cricket was this bad.

Yeah, I guess you are right.

Confidence is a big factor, and no shield matches to pick up confidence before tests.

I think they schedule tests too close together these days.

The second test was just like a continuation of innings from the first test.

We can't play spin for shit as well.

Not sure if we have the pitches to practice on. Or the bowlers to give our blokes a challenge.

We are aching for a top-class spinner, not just to bowl in games but also to have in practice for our batsmen.

A few (6) changes for the Adelaide Test.

Steve Smith ©, David Warner (vc), Jackson Bird, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Nic Maddinson, Nathan Lyon, Matt Renshaw, Chad Sayers, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade.

You see, here is another example of what is wrong with the country.

Cricket Australia wants to have written into female cricketer contracts, a clause for players to declare pregnancies - should that happen (I suspect most cases would be by artificial insemination anyway, or a male 'friend').

Now everyone is up in arms.

But just indulge me for a second, and hypothetically fast forward a couple of seasons down the track. A pregnant woman cricketer miscarries during a game.

Who's going to have the finger pointed at them?

Yes, that is right. Everyone wants to be outraged. But everyone also wants their cake and to eat it too - with a healthy dollop of cream.

And by the way, I am not arguing that pregnant women are not capable of playing.

I've seen plenty of very capable pregnant women working or playing sport right up until birth.

My argument is this enormous sense of entitlement and blame that this country has going on.