farmduck

England cuts its own throat then shoots itself in the head

Well they did it. They voted to leave the EU for some reason that many of them can't even explain. It's like saying, "I'm an angry moron so I'm gonna vote for the angry moron party." Then, out of nowhere, 52% of them did. Fuck I hope they don't think they can come here when their self-inflicted shit hits the fan.

Yeah, what gets me is that 48% of the people have to live with a decision they were against.

That is a lot of people forced to live with a pretty major change.

So 52% ( which is known as a majority) should not get their way?

I know minorities tend to win over here but it's the way democracy is supposed to work!

Yeah I understand that. It just points to a pretty evenly divided population, and on those figures there could be a lot of resentful people. 

Much more resentment than if the majority was say 70%. Most people just live with it when they have evidence they are in a clear minority.

Predictions are there will still be a lot of agitation, especially from places that voted against but don't get what they voted for eg Scotland (70%) against.     

why are so many Australians all of a sudden experts on what happens in pommyland?

Well for me, it is probably the same reason Queenslanders are all of a sudden experts on referee decisions in Origin?

Self interest.

Pretty sure QLD'ers have not been worried about Refs decisions Dickhead.

No. Because everything went Queensland's way. Why would you complain?

Or why would you even be tempted to look at the refs performance objectively?

You might not like the truth, and you might be quick to label evryone a whinger, but that doesn't make NSW fans wrong.

why are so many Australians all of a sudden experts on what happens in pommyland?

You do know that if you turn the Telegraph (or CourierMail) over, there is another section, not NRL, where they tell you, like, you know, stuff about, you know, other countries 'n' shit, you know. It's only been in the news for the last 3 months.

You do know that if you turn the Telegraph (or CourierMail) over, there is another section, not NRL, where they tell you, like, you know, stuff about, you know, other countries 'n' shit, you know. It's only been in the news for the last 3 months.

I agree with the sentiment, however I would strongly encourage seeking alternative news sources.

Well why have you not mentioned it until now genius?

And now support is growing for a second referendum, to get it right this time:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-25/petition-for-second-eu-referendum-reaches-one-million-signatures/7543860

There is some justification for another one:

UK Independence Party (UKIP) leader Nigel Farage said last month that there could be unstoppable demand for a second poll if the Remain camp won by a narrow margin.

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way," he told the Daily Mirror newspaper.

Incredible irony considering Farage was the one who expected to lose, not win 52-48.