sydgeoff

Most over-rated songs

What are the most over-rated songs in everybodys opinion.  I know we all have different tastes so some songs may be favourites to some yet other don't like them.

1. Stairway to Heaven

2. Khe Sahn

3. Hotel California

Stairway to Heaven gives me the shits because all the wankers who may have played the guitar at some stage all want to try to recreate it on their own guitars. Khe Sahn because when ever it is played somewhere there seems to be a collective sigh from the audience as if they were all Vietnam veterans reliving their experience of cruising through Sydney Heads after their tour of duty had finished. Hotel California because it just shits me.

I hear ya but hey, my 14yo son plays Stairway to Heaven on his guitar - very proud of him.He can also play the start of....Thunderstruck, TNT, Hell's Bells (this one sounds awesome when he does it), Nothing Else Matters plus a couple of others I cant remember. Then there's the others all kids seem to get taught - Smoke on the Water, Mission impossible theme etc. He's teaching himself Sweet Child of Mine now.

Run to Paradise - Choirboys. It;s just shit. I thought that back when it came out and still do today, yet Triple M still play it nearly 30 years later.

Anything Coldplay sing. Yellow and Clocks are ok I suppose but the rest suck balls. How are they are rated one of the biggest bands in the world is beyond me.

I hear ya but hey, my 14yo son plays Stairway to Heaven on his guitar - very proud of him.He can also play the start of....Thunderstruck, TNT, Hell's Bells (this one sounds awesome when he does it), Nothing Else Matters plus a couple of others I cant remember. Then there's the others all kids seem to get taught - Smoke on the Water, Mission impossible theme etc. He's teaching himself Sweet Child of Mine now.

Run to Paradise - Choirboys. It;s just shit. I thought that back when it came out and still do today, yet Triple M still play it nearly 30 years later.

Anything Coldplay sing. Yellow and Clocks are ok I suppose but the rest suck balls. How are they are rated one of the biggest bands in the world is beyond me.

Hells Bells is great, Run to Paradise is a cunt of a song and Coldplay is vastly over-rated.

What are the most over-rated songs in everybodys opinion.  I know we all have different tastes so some songs may be favourites to some yet other don't like them.

1. Stairway to Heaven

2. Khe Sahn

3. Hotel California

Stairway to Heaven gives me the shits because all the wankers who may have played the guitar at some stage all want to try to recreate it on their own guitars. Khe Sahn because when ever it is played somewhere there seems to be a collective sigh from the audience as if they were all Vietnam veterans reliving their experience of cruising through Sydney Heads after their tour of duty had finished. Hotel California because it just shits me.

the first two? why are you concerned about what others do with them? you either like the music or don't.

At least you don't like the third because it shits you- a fair reason.

1. Stairway to Heaven

2. Khe Sahn

3. Hotel California

Great songs the lot of 'em

Bogans destroying them make them no less great.

Yeah run to paradise, not so flash. Though gotta admit I have this album, yeah album, not CD.

Oh, and good on the young fella, Metallica's pretty challenging.

Superstition by Stevie Wonder.

Not a bad song by any means, but I hear so many people crap on about how good it is. I just don't get it.

Brought funk to the mainstream, slap bass line kicks arse for it's day. 

Still a waste of time, trying to educate Nod. Narrow mindedness can't be cured.

Although personally, I wouldn't describe Rage Against The Machine as rap.

Most over rated band of the last 20 yrs....?

Oasis.

Oasis......wannabee Beatles.