farmduck

Great Moments in Parenting

I don't have any children and I have learnt that I should never, ever, ever express any opinion on the parenting abilities of others because they will immediately reply, "How many kids have you got?" Apparently, among incompetent, delinquent and negligent parents, this line trumps everything - including logic.

So, rather than criticise the child-rearing skills of others I will refrain and, instead, just post news items as I find them.

A woman in Canberra who allegedly abandoned her three children in her car and ran from police has been arrested for drug-driving.

Police said the 29-year-old Mawson woman was spotted driving dangerously in Forde yesterday evening.

The woman then allegedly stopped her car and ran from police, leaving three children aged between two and seven years old in the back seat.

She was arrested a short distance away, but it was not until police and the offender returned to the car that police found the children.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-03/woman-flees-police-leaving-kids-in-car/7136766

A psychologist says he told police and doctors about concerns he held for the safety of a mother who went on to kill herself and her two daughters.

Heather Glendinning stabbed her daughters Jane Cuzens, 12, and 10-year-old Jessica Cuzens to death at their home in the Mid West coastal town of Port Denison in 2011 before turning the knife on herself.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-03/inquest-into-port-dennison-murder-suicide-day-three/7137278

It's worth noting that while the authorities did nothing about the homicidal mother, they did waste time investigating her bogus claims of child sexual abuse against the kids' father.

Is hosing down your kids after a poo explosion or a mega spew considered bad parenting?

( I'd actually just hose the kids off at the end of the day all the time if I was allowed)

Depends on the temp IMO. I'd be more inclined to get a detachable shower head personally.

Is hosing down your kids after a poo explosion or a mega spew considered bad parenting?

( I'd actually just hose the kids off at the end of the day all the time if I was allowed)

No, bad parenting is the feeding habits that lead to poo explosion / mega spew in the first place.

Hose away, mate.

Most kids love it anyway.

FD I don't think having children is the only thing that qualifies a person in knowledge about parenting.

For example, you don't actually have to be an NRL player to know how to act like one - look at most of the current Sea Eagles squad.

My kids eat anything that vaguely looks like food- no matter where they find it.

That's actually not too bad I reckon, certainly preferable to trying to create some kind of faux chemical induced sterile environment, kids should get the chance to at least try dirt out.

This one scores double points. It's not just great parenting but I'm sure it will also be counted as an Aboriginal death in custody.

Man who left hurt child in burning car dies after being found injured in Casuarina Prison

A man who was jailed for leaving his three-year-old daughter in a crashed and burning car has died in custody in Perth.

The Department of Corrective Services said Bevan Stanley Cameron, 26, died on November 2 after undergoing surgery at Fiona Stanley Hospital for injuries sustained in his prison cell.

Cameron was found injured five days earlier at Casuarina Prison in Perth's southern suburbs.

An investigation is set to be carried out by WA Police on behalf of the coroner, however the death is not believed to be suspicious.

Cameron was sentenced last November to seven-and-a-half years in prison after crashing a stolen car on Great Eastern Highway in Midland and leaving his injured daughter inside.

The girl was pulled to safety by police as the car burst into flames and was later treated in hospital for a torn bladder and internal bleeding.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-03/woman-flees-police-leaving-kids-in-car/7136766

'Drug-driving' woman abandons children in car while fleeing police in Canberra

A woman in Canberra who allegedly abandoned her three children in her car and ran from police has been arrested for drug-driving.

All these soccer fans releasing flares.

Heard a commentator on the news who'd done his research. He pointed out that nearly 90% of the time following a flare going off, the opposition side has scored a goal.

Still they do it because that's what there parents did back in the home country.

Blood is stupider than water.