Mr Fourex

Jarryd Hayne - NFL star

He's doing very well over there.

Gets his first taste of the real competition today. Not sure how many times he will get onto the field (if at all).

I hope he shows his class...and helps the Niners get an important win today.

I'm gonna be watching it when I get home tonight.

Well, it wasn't a good start at all for Jarryd.

His first touch in an NFL regular season game was a punt return - and he did the worst possible thing a punt returner can do.

He misjudged the kick, dived forward to try and catch it, then fumbled it turning it over to Minnesota. He would have been better off leaving the kick to bounce.

After that though he had a couple of nice runs, and one good reception for 7 yards. He got a lot more snaps at RB than we thought he was going to because Reggie Bush went off injured after only 2 runs.

Hopefully he will get another chance.

I reckon he will be back soon given the latest snubbing he has received from SF 49ers. How many times will an elite athlete get rejected until he goes back to something he gets great adulation for? The 49ers have brought in some other knucklehead as a running back over and above Hayne.

Hayne's biggest problem is the choice of team.

Had he signed with a winning team, he'd be getting a fairer crack.

To me it reeks of a coach needing to be seen as making tough choices and working hard for outcomes.

Hayne was an obvious target because he was getting publicity.

If Hayne went to a successful team he wouldn't have gotten the chances he has had in SF.

Sure, the fact that Tomsula is under pressure because the Niners suck has a bit to play in Hayne getting cut. But he was always a project player, who needs to learn the game before he gets any more chances.

I would bet that he is probably exactly where he expected to be at this stage - on the practice squad. That he got to start the season in the top squad was due to him having a good showing in the preseason, but when SF started having running backs dropping like flies Hayne was too risky to have as their top choice.

The Niners have so many injuries at the moment they have to find room on the squad for replacements. Made sense for Hayne to go...despite me wanting to see him play.

He went alright in his first game back.

Nothing spectacular, but made no mistakes. Had a few good runs.

Playing behind that offensive line is almost impossible for any running back. Still wasn't the least productive RB on the SF squad.

I reckon he will be back soon given the latest snubbing he has received from SF 49ers. How many times will an elite athlete get rejected until he goes back to something he gets great adulation for? The 49ers have brought in some other knucklehead as a running back over and above Hayne.

Apparently Hayne has now "retired" from NFL and will be playing 7s Rugby for Fiji in the Rio Olympics. I bet after that he will be playing for the Roosters. I think he was tapped on the shoulder by the new SF coach.