bedonga

My Shout. Cheers To...

My Shout everyone. Raise your glasses and cheers to......

All the Knights fans who booked finals seats after their team won their opening four games of the season.

:drink_beer:

Okay, so who's next shout?

Raise a glass to all the NSW fans who thought that NSW would win this years Origin series.

It is called loyalty. I'll drink to that.

You Queenslanders could learn or thing or two about that. 

So here's to the cop in Adelaide who pulled over a young motorcyclist last night.

Goes to get out of his patrol car, 'accidentally' hits the accelerator on runs over the top of the kid, bike and all.

Broken bones, broken bike.

post-165-0-38458500-1495408297_thumb.jpg

55 minutes ago, bandwagon said:

Wasn't much social media around when the dingo took the baby.

Shit's been happening for years.

Valid point. But at least there was a reasonable amount of inconsistency to cast doubt about what happened. ATM it seems like people just say this guy touched my butt 15yrs ago and the person is toast.

21 minutes ago, Harry Sack said:

Valid point. But at least there was a reasonable amount of inconsistency to cast doubt about what happened. ATM it seems like people just say this guy touched my butt 15yrs ago and the person is toast.

Minimise the victim's compensation rights. The accusation rate will plummet. 

8 hours ago, Harry Sack said:

Geoffrey Rush is now in the spotlight for something that happened years ago. Funny how all the accusers are coming forward now (the Weinstein factor). I find it ridiculous that with all the Don Burke / Geoffrey Rush stuff going on, no one seems to have condemned the wannabee popstar who flopped his cock out at the Aria awards...isn't that a criminal offence. Also, everyone has heard all the stories about Kerry Packer's brutish bully behaviour however no one seems to condemn that.

9 hours ago, Harry Sack said:

Social media has just given voice to outrage culture and is intensified by the internet bubble people choose to inhabit. 

If You friend, like and re-post only shit you agree with, or that which mutually offends the circle of people within your internet bubble,  everyone you interact with will agree with you.  

2 hours ago, sydgeoff said:

Geoffrey Rush is now in the spotlight for something that happened years ago. Funny how all the accusers are coming forward now (the Weinstein factor). I find it ridiculous that with all the Don Burke / Geoffrey Rush stuff going on, no one seems to have condemned the wannabee popstar who flopped his cock out at the Aria awards...isn't that a criminal offence. Also, everyone has heard all the stories about Kerry Packer's brutish bully behaviour however no one seems to condemn that.

So true. It is a power trip with a touch of narcissism.

Victim compensation?

Well the payoff is celebrity. Look at how much mileage they are getting in the media, and the boost in celebrity they get. Rose Magowan? Never heard of her before but apparently now she is a champion of female rights in Hollywood. She'll probably get an award or have herself a moment on thr cover of TIME or something.

Nobody is going to listen to Ethel from the suburbs accusing her husband of abusing her. She and her husband have no media power or celebrity value.

As for Packer. Well there is some power that you just can't touch.

....to ex-politicians in Australia, who manage to collect exorbitant pensions while calling for welfare crackdowns on people below the poverty line.

Well done sirs and madams. Here's to you. Sleep well.