sydgeoff

Cricket World Cup

I was at the Semi-Final today.

Fucking top day! Absolutely pissed right now.

Good score put on by the Aussies, but really could have been more. Finch batted so slowly, which is ok, but then he threw away his wicket. If you're going to bat that slow then at least put on a century.

After Smith got out the runs really dried up. We were looking at around 370 at one stage.

In the end though we won it pretty easily. The way India batted, it seemed like they had no idea what they were chasing. They batted like they had to get 230 runs instead of 330. With 15 over to go I was thinking "Well here's where they will need to throw he bat around and go for it", but instead they just kept taking the singles. Garbage performance by them.

Australia vs New Zealand Final. I'm excited.

I was at the Semi-Final today.

Fucking top day! Absolutely pissed right now.

Good score put on by the Aussies, but really could have been more. Finch batted so slowly, which is ok, but then he threw away his wicket. If you're going to bat that slow then at least put on a century.

After Smith got out the runs really dried up. We were looking at around 370 at one stage.

In the end though we won it pretty easily. The way India batted, it seemed like they had no idea what they were chasing. They batted like they had to get 230 runs instead of 330. With 15 over to go I was thinking "Well here's where they will need to throw he bat around and go for it", but instead they just kept taking the singles. Garbage performance by them.

Australia vs New Zealand Final. I'm excited.

Side note, strong genes in your family mate wow.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Tools down at 10am. Broncos V Warriors followed by Aus V NZ. Awesome.

Well, it came down to a pretty dominant performance by Australia in the end.

NZ had a great WC, but just don't have the big game experience that the Aussies do. At a massive ground like the MCG with a full house watching, it was going to be a tall ask for the kiwis.

Another strong performance by Smith, and it was fitting that he hit the winning runs (well, they're ALL winning runs really, but you know what I mean).

Would have been good to see Clarke finish with him.

Good WC all round. Some top matches played, and some players really put their hands up for the future.

Can't wait for the next one.

Sad. A disappointing final for the Kiwis. They had sparked renewed interest in the game with their play and success.

On the other hand Australia's bowlers were fantastic. Starc was the guy Shane Warne bagged only a few months ago during the tests. He had an average around 1 wicket every 9 runs during the WC.

How would Finch be feeling? Happy that he was in the World Cup winning side but knowing deep down he contributed fuck all on the actual day of the final. Sure he played OK in patches during the tournament but on final day...lots and lots of fuck all !