Al Packer

NFL 2014

I like to have it on in the background sometimes.

Have they announced the half time entertainment yet?

Yeah.

They are having the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars.

I've been really into the NFL he last 5 years or so. It's really grown on me and a great way to get through the NRL off-season.

Yeah.

They are having the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars.

I've been really into the NFL he last 5 years or so. It's really grown on me and a great way to get through the NRL off-season.

Chilli Peppers still going?  Thought they would have give it away give it away give it away by now.  :lol:

My old man used to watch it a lot also.   I know a few of the popular quarterbacks, Farv, Ellway.  Not sure if they are still playing though, just remember watching them a few times. 

Chilli Peppers still going?  Thought they would have give it away give it away give it away by now.  :lol:

My old man used to watch it a lot also.   I know a few of the popular quarterbacks, Farv, Ellway.  Not sure if they are still playing though, just remember watching them a few times. 

Yeah, those guys are long gone.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are the big name quarterbacks now (and even they are close to retirement).

No worries.

It's not the first of my thoughts that has disappeared into nowhere and it won't be the last.

I know how to split several conversations into a new thread, but moving a single post to a current thread is something I am yet to master haha.

If you intend to stick around, once we get a few more people and it gets closer to kick off will create a poll I think and see what the majority want as far as keeping the chat box on the main or all pages etc. 

Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciate it. 

No worries.

Always willing to put my 2 cents worth in. It's good you give the members a voice to be able to change things if need be.

The way I see it is the members are the ones that make it tick so why not cater to the majority. 

Surprised we do not have any Souths fans here yet (that I know of) there always seems to be an abundance of them on the internet no matter where you go. 

Haven't gotten to see much of the games so far, but I'm ecstatic that the Seahawks lost - and to a division rival in the Rams too!

Second pick in the draft Marcus Mariota looked very good, while his opponent - first pick Jameis Winston - was terrible. 

Suck shit to Michael Crabtree and Aldon Smith (former Niners players and complete fuckwits) who's new team Oakland got smashed. Niners cut Aldon a few weeks ago after just way too many off-field incidents, and somehow he is playing in round 1 without suspension from the NFL. Ridiculous!

Sucks that we lost a premium pass rusher for nothing and is now playing just across the Bay.

Niners play Vikings tonight. Hopefully Jarryd gets a few runs.

Might also check out the Eagles/Falcons game. Could be an interesting one with all the changes Chip Kelly has made to the Philly side.

Feels great to pick up a win first up.

Defence was incredible, despite us losing so many players on that side of the ball in the off season. Only keeping the Vikes to a field goal, and Adrian Peterson to just 30-odd yards was a great effort.

Carlos Hyde was a machine for us! 2 touchdowns and over 160 yards. I loved Frank Gore, but I think we've found a suitable replacement.

Kaepernick looked pretty good. Made plenty of completions, but our offence was focused mainly on the run. The O-line was much better than I expected it to be.

As good as all this was, I still get the feeling that we are not going to have a great year. Minnesota was not very good, and we will come up against some pretty tough team this year. Next week we're off to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers.

I have just finished watching the latest NFL game involving Jarryd Hayne. I watched one quarter at a time spread over 3 days and cannot believe how fucking boring it is! Absolutely no continuity at all, just one set play then an ad then another set play followed by more ads. Of course over the years I have watched Superbowls and found some games mildly interesting but I mainly tuned in for the halftime entertainment.

A lesson for me I suppose and that will be 3 hours ( one hour of game time) that I will never get back.