bedonga

Phil Hughes

Absolutely terrible thing to happen to cricketer Phil Hughes to be struck by a bouncer and now fighting for his life.

But gee, it is an indictment on our current society that while he and his family are in such a dire predicament hoping for the best, people are talking all sorts of crap. Redesigning helmets, banning bouncers, how long the ambulance took and other shit like that.

Cold comfort for Hughes and his family at this stage. 

Absolutely terrible thing to happen to cricketer Phil Hughes to be struck by a bouncer and now fighting for his life.

But gee, it is an indictment on our current society that while he and his family are in such a dire predicament hoping for the best, people are talking all sorts of crap. Redesigning helmets, banning bouncers, how long the ambulance took and other shit like that.

Cold comfort for Hughes and his family at this stage. 

Sun herald this morning led with the GP tax backdown on the front page, Tellucrap had the front page and the next five or six dedicated to the above crap you mention. 

This has shaken me to the core.

I'm still stunned. I loved watching Hughes play, and would defend him against those who said he was crap.

Now, after facing thousands of balls in his life, just one has ended his. It is a very sad day for the cricketing community, and for Hughes' family, friends and fans.

I really feel for Abbott. He was a friend of Philip, and would no doubt feel responsible for ending his life. I hope he can get through this ok (I also hope there aren't any stupid cunts going after him and blaming everything on Abbott).

Such a shit thing to happen. I hope Philip will rest in peace.

A SHOWDOWN is brewing with India opposing any cancellation of Friday’s tour match against a Cricket Australia XI in Adelaide or postponement of the first Test in Brisbane despite the Phillip Hughes tragedy.

“Postponed because of one player? I don’t think so,” a BCCI spokesman told The Advertiser.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/cricket/indias-cricket-team-says-tour-game-against-ca-xi-and-first-test-should-proceed-despite-hughes-situation/story-fnii0bxe-1227136907954

They're a disgrace.

Tragedy of course.

But cancelling cricket games is not going to bring Hughes back. Do you think Phil would want the game he loves disrupted because of this? I don't think so.

The game goes on. RIP Phil Hughes.

I have no issue with the test going ahead from a cricketing point of view....but are any of the players seriously going to be in the right frame of mind to play?

In saying that, when will they be? Perhaps it's a case of just "getting back on the horse". Still gutted by this.

I have no issue with the test going ahead from a cricketing point of view....but are any of the players seriously going to be in the right frame of mind to play?

In saying that, when will they be? Perhaps it's a case of just "getting back on the horse". Still gutted by this.

Good point. Haddin and Warner were just metres away when it happened, both really close mates to Hughes too. They must be absolutely gutted and I'm sure playing cricket would be the farthest thing from their minds right now.

I think the Test should go ahead, it would be a good way for players & fans to show their respects with a nice memorial service before play. That said, I'm sure most of us would understand if several players make themselves unavailable to play.

What's wrong with the world stopping for a while?

Personally, I'd prefer they didn't play and got on with grieving.

Would bring people together and give everyone a chance to take stock of things.

Good point. Haddin and Warner were just metres away when it happened, both really close mates to Hughes too. They must be absolutely gutted and I'm sure playing cricket would be the farthest thing from their minds right now.

I think the Test should go ahead, it would be a good way for players & fans to show their respects with a nice memorial service before play. That said, I'm sure most of us would understand if several players make themselves unavailable to play.

This is what I mean.

A tour match that means nothing can be cancelled to give these players some time to grieve.

The Test is a bit different. I would let anyone who wasn't in the right frame of mind to play sit it out. If we lose, what does it matter? Normally for these guys it is their careers, their lives, to win these matches....at the moment it would just seem like a game to them.

No malicious intent in Phillip Hughes' death.

I hate this legal shit that goes on in this country.

Should never have been such an inquest.

Hard enough for the players involved. Imagine being dragged through that inquest into an accident.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-04/phillip-hughes-inquest-coroner-hands-down-findings/7994808