sydgeoff

"The Bird" or "The Forks"

Every now and then you hear that someone somewhere flipped "The Bird" to someone. Back in the old days it was giving someone "The Forks". Personally I could not care less if someone did this to me,but I have seen people react to getting "The Bird" and going absolutely apeshit...violent and agressive. I cannot see how anyone can feel threatened by some wanker sticking one finger in the air and having a snarl on their face. Of course  I think it is yet another form of Americanization that our Australian society is forced to suffer,along with Holloween, people under 30 years old saying "like" every fourth word, young guys having their jocks showing above their waistline...it is all bullshit,plus the fascination for bushpigs like Kim Kardashian,Paris Hilton etc.

Bring back "The Forks"...way less agressive and more homegrown!

Guest PumpMyCrack

What a great post.

Yes it was always the forks or just the 'ups'. Now its just very gay.

The forks are aussie as!

I've had young blokes at work ask me what I was doing when I threw the two fingered salute. Tell them it was the "ups" or "the forks" they just looked at you very strangely. Glad I ended up working with older blokes.

All the truckies just threw the forks and I think some of the kids just waved back thinking it was the V for victory?

What about that other Aussie invention: the thumb for "good one mate"?

Remember Hoges? The forks and the thumb.

Now everyone is using the thumb, and facebook has virtually trademarked it. People have forgotten the cultural significance.

That's the man Steve.

Steve and cam were both good blokes, but fuck me Cam could be a grumpy cunt on his day- didn't seem at his best early in the morning. Strong prick though- threw the kegs around like they were cartons.

Every now and then you hear that someone somewhere flipped "The Bird" to someone. Back in the old days it was giving someone "The Forks". Personally I could not care less if someone did this to me,but I have seen people react to getting "The Bird" and going absolutely apeshit...violent and agressive. I cannot see how anyone can feel threatened by some wanker sticking one finger in the air and having a snarl on their face. Of course  I think it is yet another form of Americanization that our Australian society is forced to suffer,along with Holloween, people under 30 years old saying "like" every fourth word, young guys having their jocks showing above their waistline...it is all bullshit,plus the fascination for bushpigs like Kim Kardashian,Paris Hilton etc.

Bring back "The Forks"...way less agressive and more homegrown!

I would totally fuck both of those "bushpigs".

I would totally fuck both of those "bushpigs".

One bloke I used to work with did the first one...true story...but he would never let on that he did,he would just smirk with a guilty look on his face. If you doubt me just google KK and Australian bodyguard.

All the ex-footballers seemed to drive for Carlton.

Forrestor Grayson was another- good bloke but could be a surly prick when he wnted to be.

I talked to Steve Bullow the other day...he is now a corporate type in Sydney...nice bloke but you would never believe that he would ever play for Redcliffe...he was much too articulate for those fuckers.

All the ex-footballers seemed to drive for Carlton.

Forrestor Grayson was another- good bloke but could be a surly prick when he wnted to be.

In his nature....he rode bulls in the local rodeos out west when he wasn't playing for Reddy.

Old school hard ....

That's the man Steve.

Steve and cam were both good blokes, but fuck me Cam could be a grumpy cunt on his day- didn't seem at his best early in the morning. Strong prick though- threw the kegs around like they were cartons.

One of them had a nephew, Jim Cherry......talented young footballer and was just a year or two under from me. Gr 8 and playing with the seniors at high school.

Fell off the old Hornibrook Bridge one night and drowned. Washed up around Scott's Point.

Tragic loss.

One bloke I used to work with did the first one...true story...but he would never let on that he did,he would just smirk with a guilty look on his face. If you doubt me just google KK and Australian bodyguard.

If that was me I would do more than just smirk.

I'd give out all the sordid details. Today Tonight would have me on speed dial.

I would also but I think he signs confidentiality papers when he does these bodyguard jobs. All he says is "Kim is a very sweet lady" and nothing more. He is also Elton Johns bodyguard when the little poof comes out here, but I hope he doesn't pork him.

Yeah, but the'd have tp pixelate your head to make it believable.