sydgeoff

Politics

On 3/22/2019 at 11:14 AM, Mr Chook said:

The new info released is interesting out about how Liberals ignored a report that only $18m was needed to upgrade Allianz and chose instead to spend $750m to knock it down and re build. 

Allianz was a good place to watch footy, I never really got why it needed to be destroyed. Seemed a waste of money to me.

That $18m was only to upgrade the sprinkler system and do some cosmetic changes. It still didn't account for the concrete cancer the stadium supposedly had, nor the new toilet facilities for women or egress areas.

I liked going to the stadium, but it was becoming seriously outdated very quickly. I don't think a new 45k stadium with all the bells and whistles is needed to replace it, but unfortunately the SCG Trust wields too much power in this city. What was really needed was another new stadium like the one at Parramatta at Moore Park and the rest of the money spent to build a new stadium at Olympic Park. Homebush is where all the big games go and it should have been the priority over the SFS. Instead we get a brand new stadium at Moore Park that will only get a capacity crowd 1-2 times a year, and ANZ will maybe get yet another refurbishment which will once again be putting lipstick on a pig. 

On 4/19/2019 at 2:39 PM, Quint said:

That $18m was only to upgrade the sprinkler system and do some cosmetic changes. It still didn't account for the concrete cancer the stadium supposedly had, nor the new toilet facilities for women or egress areas.

I liked going to the stadium, but it was becoming seriously outdated very quickly. I don't think a new 45k stadium with all the bells and whistles is needed to replace it, but unfortunately the SCG Trust wields too much power in this city. What was really needed was another new stadium like the one at Parramatta at Moore Park and the rest of the money spent to build a new stadium at Olympic Park. Homebush is where all the big games go and it should have been the priority over the SFS. Instead we get a brand new stadium at Moore Park that will only get a capacity crowd 1-2 times a year, and ANZ will maybe get yet another refurbishment which will once again be putting lipstick on a pig. 

Half these stadiums will be wiped out by rising sea levels anyway.

Put some money into RL heartlands like Tamworth, Dubbo in NSW and central Queensland.

3 hours ago, Diddee said:

Half these stadiums will be wiped out by rising sea levels anyway.

Put some money into RL heartlands like Tamworth, Dubbo in NSW and central Queensland.

I'm all for putting some money into regional areas for their sporting infrastructure, but there's no reason why both things couldn't be achieved. I don't see this as an 'either/or' situation. 

The ARL/NRL could’ve had the number one code in the country years ago if they’d spent some money on expansion into the Bush in NSW and Qld.

State and Federal govt. money would’ve followed the game into regional centres had the nrl spent some of that media money on expansion rather than leaving the country leagues to fend for themselves.

Since the SL war, it would be interesting to see a breakdown where all the money has been going.

4 hours ago, Diddee said:

The ARL/NRL could’ve had the number one code in the country years ago if they’d spent some money on expansion into the Bush in NSW and Qld.

State and Federal govt. money would’ve followed the game into regional centres had the nrl spent some of that media money on expansion rather than leaving the country leagues to fend for themselves.

Since the SL war, it would be interesting to see a breakdown where all the money has been going.

Mostly to the players and the leeches called player managers.