Kaz

Your thoughts on Ian Thorpe admitting he is gay.

I don't give a rats. (yet I start a thread about it) :lol:

IMO: He only did the interview for the money. As the money tree has died.

And nope, I didn't watch the interview.

I don't give a rats. (yet I start a thread about it) :lol:

IMO: He only did the interview for the money. As the money tree has died.

And nope, I didn't watch the interview.

My thoughts exactly! He has had money problems for a few years as well.

Does this mean he has to use the girls change rooms now?

When I came to Sydney after years of working in country Queensland,I suddenly found myself working with a lot of gay people.One day at work I...very innocently ...asked one of these gay guys if he used to dress in womens clothes on his days off.This went over like a lead balloon.I just thought at the time that was what they do,I had no idea.

It's sometimes amazing who is and is not gay.

I always thought Thorpe was gay, so it came as no surprise.

I had great mate, we played footy together and he was one of the toughest props I ever played with, loved a blue, don't know how many times he got sent off for fighting (played for Brisbane all through juniors), real chick magnet who never failed to pick up when we went out, which was often. I was with him when his daughter was born and was asked to be his best man when he got engaged.

He came out when he was 27-28, which was very hard for him. He'd grown up as this tough guy footballer, we lived the footy lifestyle, he worked at the leagues club.

He was always a fiery bloke who went off like a cracker at the slightest provocation.

Since he came out, he quit his job at the leagues club and studied to be a nurse, something he had always wanted but wasn't game to do, he has found a steady partner after all his fucked up relationships with women, and is finally a happy and calm person.

We are still great mates and I'm happy for the bloke.

I had great mate, we played footy together and he was one of the toughest props I ever played with, loved a blue, don't know how many times he got sent off for fighting (played for Brisbane all through juniors), real chick magnet who never failed to pick up when we went out, which was often. I was with him when his daughter was born and was asked to be his best man when he got engaged.

He came out when he was 27-28, which was very hard for him. He'd grown up as this tough guy footballer, we lived the footy lifestyle, he worked at the leagues club.

He was always a fiery bloke who went off like a cracker at the slightest provocation.

Since he came out, he quit his job at the leagues club and studied to be a nurse, something he had always wanted but wasn't game to do, he has found a steady partner after all his fucked up relationships with women, and is finally a happy and calm person.

I was surprised when I got to know that they were all not effeminate types.Some of them you would never know,but some are so obvious and if they flaunt it...it disturbs me somewhat.

I was surprised when I got to know that they were all not effeminate types.Some of them you would never know,but some are so obvious and if they flaunt it...it disturbs me somewhat.

I'm a bit the same Syd- My mates older stepbrother was openly gay, even when we were still at high school. He was Mr Humphreys gay though, used to try and kiss us on the mouth when he said hello, constantly trying to touch your leg or whatever when he was talking to you, just real stereotype camp(talking to him used to remind me of a benny hill skit).

My mate is still a mate, doesn't have to flaunt his preference, he and his partner act like a normal couple when you're with them- the odd kiss and hold hands occasionally (I hate it when heteros are over affectionate in public!).

Nod...surely he wasn't an Easts Carina player? I suspect your mate must have been a Valleys or Brothers player deep down...or maybe even a Wests player,but definately not an Easts Carina player!

Nod...surely he wasn't an Easts Carina player? I suspect your mate must have been a Valleys or Brothers player deep down...or maybe even a Wests player,but definately not an Easts Carina player!

No Syd east-carina boy for 20 years-life member- you might have played with his dad!

Carina boy through and through- still is.

A few have turned their back on him- but his true mates still love him- and I'm one of those mates. 

Everyone knew him and majority still like him.

LOL ....no,no

Nodd's mate definitely sounds like an East Carina boy ....... :hystery:

Probably belted you a few times Fourex - don't you remember him belting the fuck out of you and then giving your balls a squeeze?

My brother went to high school with him.

Always knew he was gay.

Apparently he's the most uncoordinated bloke you'll ever see as well - apart from swimming he can't play sports for shit.

Ah well, good luck to him. I never cared either way.

One of the Sunday newspapers ran a story on this big dope last Sunday claiming that Thorpe was bullied into coming out as gay. I heard bullied to the value of $250k. When is this cunt just going to get on with life and get a fucking job like everybody else instead of cashing in on his poofery.

Honestly I don't care, however that he can make money out of it is a poor indictment of our society

Really, it should be like yeah he's gay, so this is news how?.

Yeah seems the only ones wh think sexual orientation matters are gay people.

They can't stand the lack of attenion.