farmduck

Player movements

1 hour ago, Diddee said:

There has to be more to this Shaun Johnson stuff.

Warriors saying they are fighting for their culture, letting him go when he requested a release.

Now it is getting more personal with administrators saying he didn’t deliver on his $1mil a season price tag.

At the same time they are locking Kearny into a longer term coaching contract. One of the worst performing coaches in recent times.

Something fushy about all this.

Having a snoop around the Warriors forums seems to reveal he's a bit of Princess. Didn't want to be a part of the leadership group despite being one of the senior players and the reality is, he hasn't delivered on his price tag, Kearney is like his 3rd(?) coach.....at some point you have to think that maybe the coach isn't the only issue. Kearney is attempting to change the culture at the club and maybe that means moving him on.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:00 PM, Diddee said:

No. Napa is an impact player. Klemmer is a metres and tackle numbers man.

Although Klemmer is reliable, the knights have plenty of decent Klemmer type toilers but have lacked the impact and up front aggression that Napa could deliver.

Napa is overrated.

Klemmer is the better prop by quite a big margin.

Shaun Johnson confirmed to have signed with the Sharks for 3 years.

I guess Moylan moves to fullback now, with Johnson and Townsend in the halves. Where does this leave Flanagan's kid? Will they be trying to get rid of Townsend in the immediate future to accommodate him? 

There are also reports of Marty Taupau close to signing with them as well. 

I know Holmes leaving has left a bit of money to spend, but surely not enough to get both those players (surprised they could even afford Johnson tbh). All this with a salary cap investigation hanging over their heads.

Nah, Townsend to the bench. I dare say he’ll play dummy half  a bit, and yes if that doesn’t work out, they’ll offload him.

Flanagan Jnr will serve his apprenticeship.

as for the money thing, they have leaked a lot of dollars recently.

I also wonder where they will get the money.

Could we see a Sydney club go bust?

Luke Lewis book excerpts getting a run.

Of course they only reveal the controversial bits to try and sell the book.

Last week it was about his mum as a DV victim when Lewis was a kid.

This week it is about how Lewis felt unwanted at the Panthers and went to the Sharks.

Claims Gould and Cleary gave him the job of picking which players to cut after salary cap problems, and then cut him from the captaincy and didn't speak to him about it.

Mick Ennis joins Raiders coaching staff. Interesting choice, I'm sure the Raiders fans still freshly recall Ennis mocking them with his own Viking clap when the Sharkies won down there. 

2 hours ago, Mr Chook said:

Mick Ennis joins Raiders coaching staff. Interesting choice, I'm sure the Raiders fans still freshly recall Ennis mocking them with his own Viking clap when the Sharkies won down there. 

Come now Mr Chook. I’m sure you’ve given plenty of opposition supporters the clap in your time.

All’s fair in love and war.