Noddee

Floyd "money" Mayweather highest paid athlete again.

Forbes: Mayweather highest-paid athlete
June, 11, 2014
Jun 11
3:42
PM ET
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

box_g_mayweather1x_576x324.jpgGetty ImagesFloyd Mayweather Jr. made $105 million in the last 12 months, according to Forbes Magazine.

Floyd “Money” Mayweather is in the money yet again, according to Forbes Magazine, which has named the pound-for-pound king the year’s highest-paid athlete in the world for the second time in three years.

Mayweather earned $105 million in the past 12 months from his two fights against Canelo Alvarez in September and Marcos Maidana in May. That takes into account his guaranteed purses as well as the millions he earned from his percentage of the profits of the pay-per-views.

All of Mayweather’s money came from boxing with none from endorsements. Mayweather also topped the 2012 list with $85 million.

ESPN.com Boxing on Twitter

Don't miss any of the latest boxing coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

{C}{C}According to Forbes, Mayweather is the only athlete besides Tiger Woods, who topped the list in 11 of the past 12 years, to crack $100 million in earnings in a year, although Michael Jordan, Michael Schumacher and Mike Tyson did it on an inflation-adjusted basis.

ESPN The Magazine and Sports Illustrated identified Mayweather as the highest-paid athlete in both 2012 and 2013.

"I'm humbled and extremely fortunate to be recognized by Forbes as the highest-paid athlete once again," Mayweather said in a statement. “I'm doing something that no other athlete is doing, promoting myself and seeing my hard work pay off in the form of record-breaking numbers. It's all about hard work and dedication, which is so important and a key part of my financial success.

"I'm grateful for my family, team and fans. Being able to take care of my family is my No. 1 priority, and the level of success that I've achieved allows me to give them the best. I look forward to stepping into the ring in September and doing what I do best."

Mayweather, the junior middleweight and welterweight champion, is scheduled to fight again on Sept. 13 against an opponent to be determined at a location to be determined.

Besides Mayweather, three other boxers cracked the Forbes Top 100: Manny Pacquiao (11th, $48.1 million), Wladimir Klitschko (25th, $28 million) and Canelo Alvarez (66th, $21 million).

No. 2 on the overall list was soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo, with $80 million in earnings from his salary and 11 endorsements. LeBron James was third at $72.3 million.

Forbes based its figures on salaries, bonuses, prize money and appearance fees, plus licensing and endorsement income, that was earned during the 12 months between June 1, 2013 and June 1, 2014. 

I thought there would be a few baseballers higher up the list? They seem to make obscene amounts of money for doing very little. 

MBL teams play 162 games in a season, not including pre-season games.

Add that to constant training and those guys do more than "very little".

Gallen vs Watts boxing match. Looking forward to this one.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-01/gallen-says-he-will-be-fit-for-watts-boxing-clash/5930588?section=sport

Paul Gallen says he will be fit to face Anthony Watts in heavyweight boxing clash

Updated

about 10 hours agoMon 1 Dec 2014, 11:28am

New South Wales rugby league captain Paul Gallen says he will be ready for Wednesday's boxing clash with Anthony Watts despite spending time in hospital with an infection last week.

"I'm fine now. I trained yesterday and am building the energy levels up," said Gallen at Monday's pre-fight media conference.

"I'll train tomorrow, I'll be right for Wednesday."

Gallen and former Cronulla team-mate Watts are to meet in a heavyweight bout on the undercard of the Daniel Geale v Jarrod Fletcher fight at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.

Gallen got out of hospital at the weekend after treatment to get rid of a golden staph infection in his groin.

Watts, who was released from a three-month jail sentence 16 weeks ago, won his first professional fight in 29 seconds and claimed Gallen's hospital stay was just a publicity stunt.

"I think it's just an excuse when I flog him," Watts said.

AAP

Crock of shit fight.

Floyd won the 10m sprint.....

Manny didn't do enough.

Bullshit decision to give the fight to Mayweather.....unanimously

At least Pacquio was trying to fight .....

I didn't see the fight (nor am I good enough a judge of boxing to comment on it)...but from what I hear of the experts Mayweather easily won it unanimously.

They say that Pacquio was holding back.