It was a shoulder charge and under the rules he should have been suspended.

In saying that, I disagree with the rule and he should not have even been penalised, let alone suspended.

Our rulemakers have no fucking idea about the real game of rugby league, They are just trying to keep the mums and the dogooders happy.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:16 PM, Noddee said:

It was a shoulder charge and under the rules he should have been suspended.

In saying that, I disagree with the rule and he should not have even been penalised, let alone suspended.

Our rulemakers have no fucking idea about the real game of rugby league, They are just trying to keep the mums and the dogooders happy.

Keeping Mums and doogooders happy is pretty important, tbh.

Mums decide whether their kids play RL. I know my partner would never let our kid play RL (we've discussed it many times), as she is afraid of injury and basic dickheadedness.

I wasn't a fan of getting rid of the shoulder charge, but I don't think it has affected to game all that much to lose it to be honest. It can be a dangerous tackle, even if it doesn't hit the head. The sudden impact and driving back of the body can still cause concussion without touching the head, it has been proven.

We still have big hits and great tackles without it. 

Slater's hit wasn't that dangerous, and something I would be happy to see get brought back into the game if they can have the rule differentiate between it and a front-on tackle. 

But as it stands now it is illegal.

6 hours ago, Quint said:

Mums decide whether their kids play RL. I know my partner would never let our kid play RL (we've discussed it many times), as she is afraid of injury and basic dickheadedness.

I wasn't a fan of getting rid of the shoulder charge, but I don't think it has affected to game all that much to lose it to be honest. It can be a dangerous tackle, even if it doesn't hit the head. The sudden impact and driving back of the body can still cause concussion without touching the head, it has been proven. 

We still have big hits and great tackles without it. 

Slater's hit wasn't that dangerous, and something I would be happy to see get brought back into the game if they can have the rule differentiate between it and a front-on tackle. 

But as it stands now it is illegal.

So let's just ban all contact in rugby league! I was knocked out badly 3 times - not once from a shoulder charge. I lost three days once because I had a head clash in an innocuous tackle, another one from hitting the ground after just a good hard legitimate tackle and don't really know what the third was from.

So if sudden impact and driving the body back is really the aim of our game why do we have contact at all??

You know the risks when you play the game. If you don't want to take the risk don't play the game- Don't play any game- all involve risks.

Let your kids play xbox or playstation and don't let them leave the house in case they get hit by a car or fall off their bike or one of the many other accidents that may befall anyone , on any given day.

8 hours ago, Quint said:

Pffft.....maybe that's how things work in your pussy whipped spineless household

In my house, the man makes the decisions

On 10/4/2018 at 11:10 PM, Mr Fourex said:

Pffft.....maybe that's how things work in your pussy whipped spineless household

In my house, the man makes the decisions

Good for you. I prefer to let my partner have a say in how our daughter is raised.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:34 PM, Noddee said:

So let's just ban all contact in rugby league! I was knocked out badly 3 times - not once from a shoulder charge. I lost three days once because I had a head clash in an innocuous tackle, another one from hitting the ground after just a good hard legitimate tackle and don't really know what the third was from.

So if sudden impact and driving the body back is really the aim of our game why do we have contact at all??

You know the risks when you play the game. If you don't want to take the risk don't play the game- Don't play any game- all involve risks.

Let your kids play xbox or playstation and don't let them leave the house in case they get hit by a car or fall off their bike or one of the many other accidents that may befall anyone , on any given day.

No, you don't ban all contact, but you can try to minimalise the risks involved.

A head clash or a head accidentally hitting the ground are unfortunate accidents. You don't go into a tackle to make these happen on purpose. You do go into a tackle to create harm with a shoulder charge. That's its specific purpose. You are using your shoulder to enact the most amount of force possible to either hit them backwards, knock the ball out or just plain hurt the fuck out of them.

Don't get me wrong...if it was announced tomorrow that the shoulder charge was allowed once again I would be happy. But I can see where the NRL is coming from in this instance.