Mr Chook

The Wyong Roos Thread

The issue Wyong had with the Newcastle comp was there is a supposed salary cap in place which all the well-off clubs blatantly rort. If you're caught fudging the books clubs with a Licensed Leagues Club you risk losing your license. Wyong didn't want to risk anything so played by the rules but felt they were always up against an unfair advantage.

Other clubs Wests Newcastle & Cessnock also have Leagues clubs so I don't know if they were clubs cheating or they knew how to find the loopholes better , not sure. But this is why Wyong told the Newcastle Comp to stick it and moved onto bigger and better things.

I honestly think Wyong should crawl back with our tail between our legs and rejoin Newcastle (if they approve it that is, they may very well tell us to get nicked). Newcastle is probably on par with the Illawarra Comp as the strongest quality Country comp in NSW. Wyong spent 4 or 5 years previously up in Newcastle with 1 Premiership so has already proven they'll be very competitive. 

West’s Rosellas are the best a fiddling the books, and now they have a big share of the Knights’ pie I think.

Newcastle shits all over the Illawarra comps. 

The comps might have been closer in the 70s and 80s, but not these days.

9 hours ago, Mr Chook said:

I honestly think Wyong should crawl back with our tail between our legs and rejoin Newcastle (if they approve it that is, they may very well tell us to get nicked). Newcastle is probably on par with the Illawarra Comp as the strongest quality Country comp in NSW. Wyong spent 4 or 5 years previously up in Newcastle with 1 Premiership so has already proven they'll be very competitive.

Newcastle makes the most sense.....