sydgeoff

TV shows

4 hours ago, Quint said:

Channel 9 had no idea of what people actually wanted to watch.

No one wanted Molan hosting...so for some reason they give her the job.

The ex-players and 'experts' they have as panellists are mostly awful and painful to watch. The humour is incredibly low-brow and unfunny.

This is the network that drove out a good commentator like Andrew Voss (one of the most knowledgeable League personalities out there) only to put Ray Hadley on the TV, a bloke pretty much every footy fan hates! 

Interesting stuff about Molan by Mike Coleman.

He says she hated League until offered the gig on Ch 9 back in 2010, then suddenly she’s ‘passionate’ about the game.

This is a reflection of all that is wrong with the way nrl and the nrl media is run.

Put a figurehead in to try and win some kind of popularity contest, istead of being true to the game and the fans.

Say what you like about Fatty and the other ex-players, but at least they genuinely know and love the game.

Inwont even mention the fact that Molan is a woman, and how her appointment was all about brownie points with the politically correct side of town.

That will fucking do me!!  Watched Q & A last night and it was about William Shakespeare. One of the panelists was a young indigenous woman and she claimed  that Shakespeares work was too white Anglo-centric ! FFS...he wrote all that stuff was written over 400 years ago by a bloke in England when there were no fucking trains or planes etc, only boats. Further confirmation that the white Anglo male is now public enemy #1 and the root of all societies problems.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:34 AM, sydgeoff said:

That will fucking do me!!  Watched Q & A last night and it was about William Shakespeare. One of the panelists was a young indigenous woman and she claimed  that Shakespeares work was too white Anglo-centric ! FFS...he wrote all that stuff was written over 400 years ago by a bloke in England when there were no fucking trains or planes etc, only boats. Further confirmation that the white Anglo male is now public enemy #1 and the root of all societies problems.

Get out of here with that rubbish.

Obviously that person on Q & A was an idiot. Most people don't think like that.

On 10/4/2018 at 6:07 PM, Diddee said:

Interesting stuff about Molan by Mike Coleman.

He says she hated League until offered the gig on Ch 9 back in 2010, then suddenly she’s ‘passionate’ about the game.

This is a reflection of all that is wrong with the way nrl and the nrl media is run.

Put a figurehead in to try and win some kind of popularity contest, istead of being true to the game and the fans.

Say what you like about Fatty and the other ex-players, but at least they genuinely know and love the game.

Inwont even mention the fact that Molan is a woman, and how her appointment was all about brownie points with the politically correct side of town.

I don't think it had anything to do with the fact she is a woman. People seem to love Lara Pitt, Yvonne Sampson and most of the girls on Fox.

If a Channel wants to score "brownie points" by having a woman involved in their sports coverage, then I'm all for it...as long as they know the sport well and can communicate their thoughts convincingly on TV. Molan wasn't one of those people. 

On 10/30/2018 at 6:34 AM, sydgeoff said:

Well the ABC really excelled themselves last night. Apparently in Melbourne at the the moment there is a show called "The Festival of bad ideas" and they dragged a few "performers" and put one on the panel of guests joining such fucking leftie imbeciles as Van Badham and others. The one who joined the panel had a painted face (like the kids get done at parties/school fetes etc) and her speciality was that "lip synching" Minny Rippertons song "Loving You" with her exposed open pussy. I am not sure that I would like to have a daughter that did this but this girl may be someone fun to take out on a kareoke night, but can the ABC stoop any lower than this.

Note.....she did not perform on the show last night.

1 hour ago, sydgeoff said:

Well the ABC really excelled themselves last night. Apparently in Melbourne at the the moment there is a show called "The Festival of bad ideas" and they dragged a few "performers" and put one on the panel of guests joining such fucking leftie imbeciles as Van Badham and others. The one who joined the panel had a painted face (like the kids get done at parties/school fetes etc) and her speciality was that "lip synching" Minny Rippertons song "Loving You" with her exposed open pussy. I am not sure that I would like to have a daughter that did this but this girl may be someone fun to take out on a kareoke night, but can the ABC stoop any lower than this.

Note.....she did not perform on the show last night.

Mate, what the fuck have been watching?

14 hours ago, Diddee said:

Mate, what the fuck have been watching?

Q & A...on every Monday night and they seem toget every fuckwit in the world on and absolutely lay into every conservative person/idea that they can possibly think of. The host is Tony Jones and even he is highly critical of anything that is conservative and "stale pale male" stuff. I have news for Tony Jones however...he is a fucking stale pale male!

Anybody else watching ‘You’ on Netflix?

Not bad.

My girl is a bit surprised that I’m backing the bad guy against some unlikeable characters.

That is the strength of the show so far I guess.

13 hours ago, Diddee said:

Anybody else watching ‘You’ on Netflix?

Not bad.

My girl is a bit surprised that I’m backing the bad guy against some unlikeable characters.

That is the strength of the show so far I guess.

Might give it a look.

The missus & I have almost finished Sons of Anarchy - we have 1 season left.

Medal of Honour was pretty good too. Hope someone makes a series on the Victoria Cross in the same way.

Watched the new Netflix series Bodyguard over the last few nights. It's only 6 episodes so we got through it quite quickly.

My partner and I really enjoyed it (although it should be said that she will pretty much love anything that has plenty of shots of London in it. She used to live there and misses it quite often). Great tense political thriller.

35 minutes ago, Quint said:

Watched the new Netflix series Bodyguard over the last few nights. It's only 6 episodes so we got through it quite quickly.

My partner and I really enjoyed it (although it should be said that she will pretty much love anything that has plenty of shots of London in it. She used to live there and misses it quite often). Great tense political thriller.

Fuck. How could anyone miss London?

I might give it a watch.

I can recommend 'Killing Eve' on abc catch up. International assasin type thing set in London and Europe. A bit quirky.

Murder Mountain was interesting on Netflix. Doco about Humbolt County in Northern California where about 70% of USA''s  marijuana is grown. It's also got the highest rate of missing persons in the country. Hippie backpackers migrate there, get a job picking dope for the growers then when they ask to get paid and they vanish off the face of the earth.

5 hours ago, Diddee said:

Fuck. How could anyone miss London?

I might give it a watch.

I can recommend 'Killing Eve' on abc catch up. International assasin type thing set in London and Europe. A bit quirky.

She loved the London lifestyle and still has lots of friends over there, not to mention her brother and his family who live just outside London.

She never really wanted to leave but came back to Australia for personal reasons...now she's stuck here with me, haha.

I have heard good things about Killing Eve. If I get some time I might give it a go.

I always used to think that ABCs Emma Alberici was a stunner , and I always wanted to bend her over and drive her home. I saw her last year at Town Hall and again on TV again last night , and she is really starting to look her age or more.  When I spoke to her at Town Hall, I was quite surprised that she is relatively tall. Maybe the stress of working for the ABC is taking its toll.

1 hour ago, sydgeoff said:

I always used to think that ABCs Emma Alberici was a stunner , and I always wanted to bend her over and drive her home. I saw her last year at Town Hall and again on TV again last night , and she is really starting to look her age or more.  When I spoke to her at Town Hall, I was quite surprised that she is relatively tall. Maybe the stress of working for the ABC is taking its toll.

She still looks pretty good for a woman who is a year shy of 50.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:48 PM, sydgeoff said:

image.png

I watched a show the other day about people wanting a change of lifestyle. One couple came from Geelong in Victoria and wanted to experience the wonderful warm winter sunshine that Queensland has to offer  (their words). The bloke said he had done an enormous amount of research and he came up with the result that FARKEN TOOWOOMBA would be that place...FARKEN TOOWOOMBA !!

Clearly this cunt has never been anywhere near Toowoomba in the winter...it is fucking freezing!!!

45 minutes ago, sydgeoff said:

I watched a show the other day about people wanting a change of lifestyle. One couple came from Geelong in Victoria and wanted to experience the wonderful warm winter sunshine that Queensland has to offer  (their words). The bloke said he had done an enormous amount of research and he came up with the result that FARKEN TOOWOOMBA would be that place...FARKEN TOOWOOMBA !!

Clearly this cunt has never been anywhere near Toowoomba in the winter...it is fucking freezing!!!

Clearly youve never been to Geelong. It is a shithole all year round.