sydgeoff

TV shows

I don't watch The Voice...but I'm assuming you're talking about one of those guys from Good Charlotte.

No singing talent whatsoever - I don't know how he's supposed to coach someone else.

I was watching one of my favourite shows last night... "Embarassing Bodies"....always good for a laugh.There was a teenage guy on there last night....English naturally...he has constipation problems and sometimes he doesn't shit for FOUR WEEKS ! but mostly he craps eve ry 10 or 12 days.As fate would have it,I got a phone call this morning from an old mate in Brisbane who certainly never had this problem but was more the other way.He is now retired but prior to that he was a Queensland Public servant and as most Public servants are,he was very regimented with both his working and private life.His normal day when working would be as such....

Wake up...go for a shit

After shit...get newspaper from front lawn,read thoroughly and do the crosswords..then breakfast

After breakfast...go for another shit

Shower,dress then drive to work

Once arriving at work,put briefcase down at his desk then...go for another shit.

This was his routine for over 40 years of working and even when we had fishing trips etc with all the boys...he would not alter his routine.If this routine was changed in any way,he would get enormously cranky

We chatted for a bit this morning, he is a big Rugby League fan and said he is interested in joining Nrladdicts,but he would join later,we finished the phone call because he said he had to go for guess what?....his second shit for the day!

Been staying in night shoft mode watching Le Tour on SBS. Love the coverage of that and an Aussie is now in second place and has a legitimite shot at the yellow jersey. I've even got the missus watching it as she loves the helicopter shots of the French countryside and all the huge chateaus and medieval castles.

It's now on our bucket list to head to France, hire a campervan and just drive wherever the hell we want following the Tour all over the place. I can see myself running up a French Alp like a lunatic alonside the cyclists yelling in their ear.

I usually take a shit as soon as I get home from work.

Doesn't matter if I'm on the early shift or late, I usually seem to need to go as soon as I walk in the door.

Just watched 60 Minutes episode on the 30th anniversary of Milperra Fathers Day Massacre. Compelling viewing.

I was only 12 at the time but remember it well and it had a profound affect on me as I saw a lot of the bikie culture back then. 

As a young kid growing up in Bathurst in the early '80's we saw a lot of bikie gangs every Easter for the annual bike races at Mt Panorama. Every bikie gang in the country converged on Bathurst and it was amazing sight seeing parked choppers up the town's main street as far as the eye could see. It would've been only a couple of years before the Milperra massacre when me and my family were up on top of the mountain selling beers and steak sandwiches to them all out of a brick shed for my dad's cricket club.

Yes, there were things like the Bathurst bikie/police riots that took place in the early '80's (thankfully we had already closed up only an hour before and had gone home for the night when that shit went down) which gave them a bad reputation but overall they seemed like nice blokes when you met them.

I can't remember which gang it was but about a dozen bikies were getting served by dad when I chirped up that it was my bithday and it was a funny sight seeing these giant drunken/stoned, wild haired, tattooed freaks sing happy b'day to a 10yo kid!!

10 years later on the C/Coast I bumped into a few Comanchero's on occasions at our local nightclub (the same one where the Wyong v St George brawl went down which I mentioned in another thread) which was one of their drinking spots. Once again, they seemed ok to me and had a few bourbons chatting with them but you just knew if you got on their wrong side you were fucked. As what happened to one of my teammates....

This guy was a 6'4" monster who just loved a stink. One night some bloke was pissing him off so he decked him, his mate stepped in and he got floored too. These two guys just happened to be Comanchero's so for six months he was a marked man until they caught up with him. Once again at that same goddammed nightclub he copped a knife to the back as he was getting into a cab.

Just watched 60 Minutes episode on the 30th anniversary of Milperra Fathers Day Massacre. Compelling viewing.

I was only 12 at the time but remember it well and it had a profound affect on me as I saw a lot of the bikie culture back then. 

As a young kid growing up in Bathurst in the early '80's we saw a lot of bikie gangs every Easter for the annual bike races at Mt Panorama. Every bikie gang in the country converged on Bathurst and it was amazing sight seeing parked choppers up the town's main street as far as the eye could see. It would've been only a couple of years before the Milperra massacre when me and my family were up on top of the mountain selling beers and steak sandwiches to them all out of a brick shed for my dad's cricket club.

Yes, there were things like the Bathurst bikie/police riots that took place in the early '80's (thankfully we had already closed up only an hour before and had gone home for the night when that shit went down) which gave them a bad reputation but overall they seemed like nice blokes when you met them.

I can't remember which gang it was but about a dozen bikies were getting served by dad when I chirped up that it was my bithday and it was a funny sight seeing these giant drunken/stoned, wild haired, tattooed freaks sing happy b'day to a 10yo kid!!

10 years later on the C/Coast I bumped into a few Comanchero's on occasions at our local nightclub (the same one where the Wyong v St George brawl went down which I mentioned in another thread) which was one of their drinking spots. Once again, they seemed ok to me and had a few bourbons chatting with them but you just knew if you got on their wrong side you were fucked. As what happened to one of my teammates....

This guy was a 6'4" monster who just loved a stink. One night some bloke was pissing him off so he decked him, his mate stepped in and he got floored too. These two guys just happened to be Comanchero's so for six months he was a marked man until they caught up with him. Once again at that same goddammed nightclub he copped a knife to the back as he was getting into a cab.

I was travelling through Europe with the ex-wife when this happened.Every non-Australian who were on the same tour,said to us "What sort of place is Australia,is must be a very very violent place?".We had no reply because we couldn't believe that that many people would be shot in any public meeting in Australia.At the same time the stupid Kiwis on the same tour were giving us shit about winning more gold medals at the Olympics that had just finished a week or two before.

I don't see many bikies now because the closest club near to me moved clubhouses a few years ago..the Comacheros. Their clubhouse was next to a pub in Pyrmont,but that pub has now been gentrified/poofterised and doesn't really cater for the rough and tumble anymore.

I believe that bikies are a different breed now from media reports.Gone are the beer-gutted red bearded motorcycles riders and they have been replaced by young middle -Eastern thugs who don't even own or ride motorcycles.

My uncle was working at a servo back in the day (can't remember where).

One day a whole bunch of bikies pulled in and asked him for directions. He told them how to get where they wanted to go and they were on their way.

Where did he give them directions to? The Viking Tavern in Milperra.

He was in a bit of shock when he saw the news that night.

True story.

Just finished the first season of True Detective.

Wonderful show. Very atmospheric. Brilliant acting.

I like the idea of a whole new cast and story every season. I'm looking forward to season 2.

My uncle was working at a servo back in the day (can't remember where).

One day a whole bunch of bikies pulled in and asked him for directions. He told them how to get where they wanted to go and they were on their way.

Where did he give them directions to? The Viking Tavern in Milperra.

He was in a bit of shock when he saw the news that night.

True story.

If that happened today the media and the pollies would be blaming him. 

Guest PumpMyCrack

Misfits is a good show. Bit of everything, sex, superpowers, gross gags, swearing, time travel.  

No wonder you watch it for that,you're certainly not getting any

If that happened today the media and the pollies would be blaming him. 

and the victim's families would be suing him.......

And he would have told 'em to fuck right off.

He was a good bloke.