Diddee

State of Origin Blues 2019

Okay, the talk has started.

Lots of discussion about the NSW halves this year.

Seems to be lot of favour for retaining Cleary and Maloney, but due to form issues a couple of other names are in the mix.

Keary seems an obvious form choice.

Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds are getting a fair few mentions, but interestingly not much support for them to partner each other.

The guy nobody is talking about had his best game last Sunday.

Yes, Mitchell Pearce really stood up when his team needed it on the weekend. Good kicking game and showed a lot of experience.

It is a tough one. I'd be going with a hard head like Maloney. Reynolds at half because Cleary has been ordinary.

Keary I would have on the bench.

Think I have my side just about picked. Right centre for me is the concern so i'll stick with the incumbent as no one else has stuck their hand up yet and seized their opportunity.

1. Tedesco

2. T Trbojevic

3. Mitchell

4. Roberts

5. Addo Carr

6. Keary

7. Cleary

8. Klemmer

9. Cook

10.  Vaughan

11. Cordner

12. Frizell

13. J Trbojevic

14. Peachey

15. Sims

16. Crichton

17. Pengai jnr

18. C Murray

19. J Ramien

5 hours ago, Mr Chook said:

Think I have my side just about picked. Right centre for me is the concern so i'll stick with the incumbent as no one else has stuck their hand up yet and seized their opportunity.

1. Tedesco

2. T Trbojevic

3. Mitchell

4. Roberts

5. Addo Carr

6. Keary

7. Cleary

8. Klemmer

9. Cook

10.  Vaughan

11. Cordner

12. Frizell

13. J Trbojevic

14. Peachey

15. Sims

16. Crichton

17. Pengai jnr

18. C Murray

19. J Ramien

I like it Mr Chook, except not sold on Roberts and Cleary.

That Murray fella for Souths looks like a really good 80 minute footballer. Wouldn't mind giving him a start in the backrow if there is an injury. 

15 minutes ago, Diddee said:

I like it Mr Chook, except not sold on Roberts and Cleary.

That Murray fella for Souths looks like a really good 80 minute footballer. Wouldn't mind giving him a start in the backrow if there is an injury. 

Yeah, Roberts and Cleary have both been below their best. 

Roberts I kept because no other right centre has really stood out yet

I'd stick with Cleary for now. No point picking a 20yo kid at Origin, win the series and then drop him. He' was originally picked with the hope he'd be NSW half for the next 10 years. I'd be prepared to stick with him for a bit longer.

Turned out Cleary was just about the only un-injured half back left in consideration.

With Keary ruled out Walker was the logical choice. Will be interesting to see if him and Latrell together can strike up a dangerous combo.

Crichton should consider himself lucky to retain his spot - I think he's been just average for us this year. T Sims is unlucky to have been dropped, he has been the better back rower between the two.

Happy Payne Haas got a run, that kids a beast and should be in the squad for the next 10 years at least.

Josh Morris is a smart pick. Known as a great defensive centre, which we need to try and contain Ponga down that right side.

Cotric knocked on the door last year so glad to see he got the nod. It also proves Ferguson will never get picked again after his in-camp fuck up with Dugan in 2017 and then failing to turn up to an Origin camp in the off season this year. Shame really because form-wise, Fergo is the best winger in the comp.

Jack Wighton was a surprise for me. Thought Radley was a bigger chance as the utility. Not really sure how Fittler is going to inject Wighton into the game unless someone gets hurt. Radley would've got more minutes being used in the forward rotation.

Well, Morris is tried and tested but I would have like to have seen Croker rewarded.

Just shows we need to keep working on developing centres.

Mitchell has had two absolute shockers in a row. He can count himself lucky that selector loyalty is now stronger than player form. Be happy to see a blinder from him.

Radley has been out of position at hooker so that cost him imo.

Wighton is just interesting, and I'm sure Ricky just called in some favours there.

I did hear that Pearce actually ruled himself out with minor groin issue. Not sure if that was true or not, but I really think Cleary is lucky. 

7 minutes ago, Diddee said:

Well, Morris is tried and tested but I would have like to have seen Croker rewarded.

Just shows we need to keep working on developing centres.

Mitchell has had two absolute shockers in a row. He can count himself lucky that selector loyalty is now stronger than player form. Be happy to see a blinder from him.

Radley has been out of position at hooker so that cost him imo.

Wighton is just interesting, and I'm sure Ricky just called in some favours there.

I did hear that Pearce actually ruled himself out with minor groin issue. Not sure if that was true or not, but I really think Cleary is lucky. 

I thing Freddie & Brandy purely had thoughts on how to best contain Ponga on their minds. He is lethal against suspect right side defense and Croker's defensive qualities isn't up to standard. Same with Dylan Walker - cant tackle so he's not good enough. The selection of Morris shows they're a bit scared about KP.

Cody Walker in the news because he won't sing the National Anthem that he feels doesn't represent him or his family.

The mindnumbingly dumb media absolutely love this stuff. 

Interesting that it is NSW's turn to have a 5/8 that everyone loves to hate.

We need someone like Ray Price in the Qld side to start bagging Walker for a lack of ability and having not really proven himself in a real competition.

BTW, everyone is aware that Walker played for Qld residents in 2013, right?

2 hours ago, Diddee said:

Cody Walker in the news because he won't sing the National Anthem that he feels doesn't represent him or his family.

The mindnumbingly dumb media absolutely love this stuff. 

Interesting that it is NSW's turn to have a 5/8 that everyone loves to hate.

We need someone like Ray Price in the Qld side to start bagging Walker for a lack of ability and having not really proven himself in a real competition.

BTW, everyone is aware that Walker played for Qld residents in 2013, right?

As did Trent Hodgkinson a few years before he played Origin for NSW .

One thing I've noticed about Latrell is that he hates getting owned by his opposite number. If Chambers gives him a gobful - look out Queensland. That will fire Mitchell up and he'll go looking for the ball.

Might sound a strange thing to say but it might be in Qld's best interest if Chambers has a quiet game - it actually might keep Latrell out of the game too.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:12 PM, Mr Chook said:

One thing I've noticed about Latrell is that he hates getting owned by his opposite number. If Chambers gives him a gobful - look out Queensland. That will fire Mitchell up and he'll go looking for the ball.

Might sound a strange thing to say but it might be in Qld's best interest if Chambers has a quiet game - it actually might keep Latrell out of the game too.

Latrell  who?

On 6/8/2019 at 9:56 AM, Mr Fourex said:

Over rated, grubby shit cunt.

Haha 😂 this made me laugh.

Didn’t NSW supporters say the same thing about Wally Lewis back in the day?

Bugger this sticking with players thing.

I want a return to the days when sides were picked on current form, and selection was seen as fair reward for effort.

Sure, some guys might only play one or two games, but they can at least say that at the time, they earnt the right to be there.

GONE

Cleary

Mitchell

Walker

Crichton

Vaughan

Haas

Wighton

On 6/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, sydgeoff said:

Latrell  who?

I have to feel sorry for this cunt...he scored a few tries today and gets dropped from the Origin team. NSW brand of loyalty. Also Cody Walker has got the Nathan Merritt treatment...massive build up , plays an average game then dumped.