Diddee

NRL Matched 2019

Interesting the amount of sloppy play and dropped ball in opening games.

Saw the same thing last season and then last night with Storm vs Broncos.

Do they need more trial games?

I'm a poor judge as I thought the Broncos would've done the Storm comfortably, even down 16 - 0  I thought they still had the goods.

I really hope we don't spend another half season talking about when Milford is going to realise his potential.

Very early days but would anyone want Jack Bird atm?

First few rounds are usually good for some dropped ball and sloppy play. Always a bit rusty in the beginning of the season. I don't think more trials is the answer. Coaches wouldn't play their top players in more than two of them anyway.

Well, still tomorrow left but I don’t think Manly and the Bulldogs will be doing much this year judging by their opening performances.

And I reckon the Panthers dodged a bullet when Moylan had a hissy fit and ended up signing with Cronulla.

I can’t see him playing Origin again.

I thought Bird was reasonable for us tbh and he gets a bit of time to find his groove given how little footy he's played. On the whole I saw some good signs for the Bronocs. The Storm, as they do, just came out and played like we were half way through the season. That game looked extremely fast to me. Lodge was immense. I can see us starting to have Jake Turpin on the bench in the coming weeks, to up the tempo of the game because Macca just isn't up to it.

The spoon is the Canterbury's to lose IMO...granted that's without seeing the teams today play. People are getting a little carried away with the Chooks and Bunnies game for mine, lots of things went Souths way in that game and the Chooks just gave away too much possession. For all his talent, Mitchell is just a flog. There's no need to rub your elbow into players heads after they've scored a try...the play is over, you didn't stop him, let it go. That was just one of a number of times he did that the other night, went on with it after the play was done. Pull your head in. Cody Walker is a fuckwit, pure and simple. I think a lot has been made of the Cows performance as well but a lot of that has to be put down to JT13. 300+ meters and about 15 tackles. Just goes to show how much you need to wear him out with defence so he's not as effective in attack. Without his runs it's a much tighter contest.

Well, the Eels fucked the Panthers over in their own home and it was filmed for the public to see.

Of all the games this weekend, I thought this one had a sense of urgency in the play and proved a bit of a contest for nearly the full 80.

Yes, well the Bunnies have started the year well, just like last year.

But, by geez the Dragons were hard to watch, particularly after half time.

Some would say they were in with a shot, but just couldnt take to watching their style.

Didn’t see all the games this weekend but tuned into Eels vs Dogs.

Dogs looked okay in the first half and a decent kicking game by Lewis, but they are in for a tough year.

Big Napa is going to get worn out by the way they are playing him. He is no James Graham.

17 hours ago, Diddee said:

Haha Darius Boyd just took the biggest dummy in NRL history.

As if James Graham was ever going to get the ball.

Boyd hates putting his body on the line. He'll pretend to go for the intercept every time rather than nail the ball carrier. Did it last night and did it in round 1 making Jesse Bromwich look good when he scored his try. Simple fact was Boyd had no intention of trying to tackle him, he just let Bromwich score

Well, most surprised by Manly and the Raiders so far.

Dragons look okay but mid season finals ain’t a thing.

Tigers have surprised a bit too.

I have no clue about the Storm’s ability as I tipped them to be miserable this year.

Roosters look the goods, but Souths not far behind.

That Dragons try at the end could be a serious contender for Try of the Year.

Raiders have done ok though I can't see them as serious contenders with that spine. Bottom half of the Top 8 spot awaits them methinks.

Panthers look a rabble and have been disappointing.

I haven't seen all the games but have tried to watch as many as I can. Usually two or three a week, which includes the Eels games.

Storm have looked most impressive, and Roosters have gotten better since their opening round loss. 

Raiders have surprised me, but would like to see if they can keep it up.

The Eels have done quite well so far. Two good wins in the opening two rounds, followed by a decent showing against the Chooks (the scoreline blew out at the end but we played better than that suggests) has given us some hope. Another good win against the Sharks has put us in a good position for the start of the season. A pretty big hiccup against the Raiders last week though, but it was to be expected considering we never EVER win down there. We defended well for the whole match but just couldn't get anything going when we had the ball. Raiders played a very good game and wore us down with tough defence and good kicking options.

Next week is the one we've been waiting for. Our first game at the new Parramatta Stadium (or Bankwest Stadium as some like to call it. It will take some time for me to ever start calling it that) against the Tigers who have had a similar start to the year as we have with some good wins and a couple of disappointing losses. I'm hoping we get the win here for opening day. The ground looks amazing and I can't wait to get out there. I'll report back as to what I think of the new stadium on Monday night.