Mr Chook

Jacko for Man of Steel?

Biased I know but I reckon he has a bit of a chance. Is the voting like a 3/2/1 points system like the Dally M's? If so, he's racked up some decent points already they way he's been playing.

The kid is killing it over in the UK. He's finally been allowed to play his natural game of a half who likes to run with the ball and the results have been amazing. Salford last year were battling relegation - since Jacko's arrival he's played about 10 games now and they've only lost 2 (to Leeds & St Helens) when he's played.

Salford travelled to France to take on Catalans this week, they had never won over there prior - Salford destroyed them 46-0. Jacko scored one and had his hand in 4 others.

English media are giving him huge wraps too. A lot of talk of him being seriously considered as the English half. He is eligible for England as my late Auntie Marg (his grandmother) was a Pom. He hasn't decided on his allegiance to Australia or England yet but it would be awfully hard to turn it down if they said they wanted him in the side.

Red Devil fans are loving him - even have their "Jackson Hastings we've got" song they belt out from the stands each week. You need to turn the volume on at the bottom to hear the faithful that travelled to France to watch.

19 hours ago, Mr Chook said:

Biased I know but I reckon he has a bit of a chance. Is the voting like a 3/2/1 points system like the Dally M's? If so, he's racked up some decent points already they way he's been playing.

The kid is killing it over in the UK. He's finally been allowed to play his natural game of a half who likes to run with the ball and the results have been amazing. Salford last year were battling relegation - since Jacko's arrival he's played about 10 games now and they've only lost 2 (to Leeds & St Helens) when he's played.

Salford travelled to France to take on Catalans this week, they had never won over there prior - Salford destroyed them 46-0. Jacko scored one and had his hand in 4 others.

English media are giving him huge wraps too. A lot of talk of him being seriously considered as the English half. He is eligible for England as my late Auntie Marg (his grandmother) was a Pom. He hasn't decided on his allegiance to Australia or England yet but it would be awfully hard to turn it down if they said they wanted him in the side.

Red Devil fans are loving him - even have their "Jackson Hastings we've got" song they belt out from the stands each week. You need to turn the volume on at the bottom to hear the faithful that travelled to France to watch.

Well, I wouldn't begrudge him an opportunity like that.

Especially after the way he was treated last year.

I hope he gets selected, and then DCE gets picked for Australia (very unlikely).

Wouldn't that be a funny thing.

Danny McGuire is still playing?

I remember when he was supposed to be the next big thing. Seems like a hundred years ago now.

That never really eventuated.