Diddee

Classic matches

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:54 AM, Diddee said:

Remember reading about the Dragons and Parra 1977 GF’s. 

The first was a draw and the Dragons won the replay.

Recall that one of them was a bloodbath, but can’t remember which one.

Anyone recall?

Listened to the first one on the transistor radio at my Uncles wedding.  The wedding was a hippy occasion in Mullimbimby- All the non hippy uncles and my Dad were at the back listening to the footy - my first real taste of Sydney rugby league.

1 hour ago, sydgeoff said:

I agree that Rod Reddy should have been sent off...I could not believe what he got away with.

That was the way in the 70/80's- He won the game for the saints- did what he had to do to win the game. Softcocks in today's game wouldn't do what he did even if it was legal!

Fuckin' Price got everything he deserved.

3 minutes ago, Noddee said:

That was the way in the 70/80's- He won the game for the saints- did what he had to do to win the game. Softcocks in today's game wouldn't do what he did even if it was legal!

I agree with you mate but I think in that game Reddy actually crossed the line into abject thuggery, but he did not stoop so low as to kick an injured player (who was recieving medical treatment by an ambulance guy) in the head...ala Raudonikis. But bearing in mind that it was Price...who fucking cares.

3 hours ago, Noddee said:

Listened to the first one on the transistor radio at my Uncles wedding.  The wedding was a hippy occasion in Mullimbimby- All the non hippy uncles and my Dad were at the back listening to the footy - my first real taste of Sydney rugby league.

Good game to start with.

3 hours ago, Noddee said:

Softcocks?

Really? So not stooping to abject thuggery is being a softcock now?

3 hours ago, sydgeoff said:

I agree with you mate but I think in that game Reddy actually crossed the line into abject thuggery, but he did not stoop so low as to kick an injured player (who was recieving medical treatment by an ambulance guy) in the head...ala Raudonikis. But bearing in mind that it was Price...who fucking cares.

I'm assuming this was where Price's brain damage began.

He is an absolute Parra legend for his feats on the field but since he etired he's been nothing but an embarrassment for the club who just won't shut his fucking gob.

I lost just about all respect for him when he ran for the Eels board a few years back.

22 hours ago, sydgeoff said:

I agree that Rod Reddy should have been sent off...I could not believe what he got away with.

Wasn't Reddy a Queenslander?

Not that it has anything to do with his dirty play, other than the fact that all Queenslanders are dirty cheating cunts.

We used to play a team up here in Brissie called the Natives- all blackfellas and they had some brilliant individual footballers and some really tough forwards- but they were not the fittest individuals to ever run around. They would come out and just bash, kick, punch the fuck out of you. Luckily we had a few blokes who gave it back ( not me- my fight record is about 0-9). But they beat some very good sides through intimidation.

1 hour ago, Noddee said:

We used to play a team up here in Brissie called the Natives- all blackfellas and they had some brilliant individual footballers and some really tough forwards- but they were not the fittest individuals to ever run around. They would come out and just bash, kick, punch the fuck out of you. Luckily we had a few blokes who gave it back ( not me- my fight record is about 0-9). But they beat some very good sides through intimidation.

Just like Souths Inala and Brothers St Marks...you always knew it would be a massive brawl all afternoon. BTW Noddee...where were Natives based ?

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, sydgeoff said:

Just like Souths Inala and Brothers St Marks...you always knew it would be a massive brawl all afternoon. BTW Noddee...where were Natives based ?

Natives travelled around to different grounds that would put up with them! I payed against them at Inala, Kalinga Park, Waterford, Souths juniors.

Souths juniors was a beauty - first hit up from our prop from the kick off was an elbow to the head- it was on for the rest of the game after that- absolute bloodbath that day - but we all survived.

Lot of Inala, St Marks, Waterford boys ended up playing with the Natives at some stage.

Still had a beer with quite a few of them after games- most of them left it on the field and had a drink with us white honky dogs after the game.