Diddee

2018 NRL Finals

Fuck me dead...Roosters far too good and a great team performance. Great efforts by Luke Keary, Jake Friend and JWH in particular and very ably assisted by all other. Storm very disappointing particularly Cameron Munster who had a cunt of a game, and I think he played himself out of the Australian team.

Once again...Roosters FAR TOO GOOD !!!!!!

Well that sort of went how I expected.

I thought Storm would’ve offered a bit more though.

Boring GF.

Friend, Keary and Cordner were the best from start to finish.

I would’ve given the medal to Cordner though. his first half was magnificent and set up that win.

No standouts for Storm, but gee Billy Slater was a bit unlucky not to grab the Clive Churchill himself.

3 hours ago, Diddee said:

Boring GF.

I would’ve given the medal to Cordner though. his first half was magnificent and set up that win.

No standouts for Storm, but gee Billy Slater was a bit unlucky not to grab the Clive Churchill himself.

glad Keary won MoM. Somehow (through a drunken haze) I backed him twice for the MoM. $260 buck later- happy days. Also took the chooks at $4.50 earlier in the year and had chooks to win 13+. Good weekend for the bank account.

I enjoyed it more than i thought I would.

Highlights were Keary's game, Melbournes inability to get at Cronk, Munster being sent, then showing what a fucking grub he is and being sent again, Slater being called on his bullshit dive live and in slow mo, and the Storm losing.

22 hours ago, sydgeoff said:

Fuck me dead...Roosters far too good and a great team performance. Great efforts by Luke Keary, Jake Friend and JWH in particular and very ably assisted by all other. Storm very disappointing particularly Cameron Munster who had a cunt of a game, and I think he played himself out of the Australian team.

Once again...Roosters FAR TOO GOOD !!!!!!

Yep....I think Cordner said it best after game. "Best first half of footy we played all year."

Melbourne never in it after that.

Congrats Rooster fans. :thumbup3:

On 9/26/2018 at 5:57 PM, sydgeoff said:

Aubusson is a great player, and you will find that Keary will be steering the team around anyway. I would not be surprised to see Cooper Cronk(if he does not play)  to be running the water...ala Alfie Langer.

That is pretty much what he did except he did not carry a water bottle.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this year's GF. Probably because it was good to see the Storm so completely dominated.

Munster was fun to watch. What a cunt of a game he had. Hope he keeps that up (though I know he won't 'cause he's a fucking great player normally). That kick to the head was fucking ridiculous! Should have been sent off.

Keary was magnificent, as were the Roosters forwards. How Cronk only had to make 9 tackles over the whole match is amazing, and shows how well coached they were (and showed a surprising lack of leadership on the field for the Storm).

Well done Roosters. Congrats Mr Chook.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:59 AM, Diddee said:

Boring GF.

I thought last year's GF was way more boring. The best team in the comp up against a team that had no real business being there at the end of the year. Total mismatch, and the Storm didn't even need to go into third gear to smash them.

This year at least had the two best team, and needed a pretty perfect game from one of them to get the win.

How about all these people coming out and complaining about Billy Slater getting booed every time he touched the ball or was shown on screen.

He shouldn't have even been playing in this game...the fans can boo whoever the fuck they want! 

4 hours ago, Quint said:

How about all these people coming out and complaining about Billy Slater getting booed every time he touched the ball or was shown on screen.

He shouldn't have even been playing in this game...the fans can boo whoever the fuck they want! 

Yes, I agree it is a free world and fans pay their money, but it was disrespectful.

I think the fans were really venting their frustrations with the NRL, and their lack of consistency and leadership.

At the end of the day Slater will be considered a great player, even by Roosters fans. But he could have finished his career a week earlier and that resul5 would be the same, without the booing.

Just got back from Qld so haven't had a chance to get on here gloating until now.

Wow. Best game we've played all year and we saved it for the big one. In fact, it could very well be the best game I've ever seen the Roosters play given the circumstances. 

Keary won the CC Medal by a mile. 

Cronks effort to play with a broken scapula will go down in folklore alongside Satters jaw and Burgess cheekbone. Sure he did fuck all with the ball but that shot he put on Asofa-Solomona on the tryline was legendary stuff - pure courage to go in like that the way his shoulder was on an absolute giant running at full tilt.

On the subject of playing with injuries, I have to mention Ferguson's last 20mins ever wearing a tri-colours jersey on a broken leg!!

I was critical of JWH in this finals series but he stepped up when it mattered. In fact from 1 to 17 played out of their skins.

On the booing of Slater - fuck him, he was fair game. I didn't like the booing after the game though. Even though he's a grub and the NRL's greatest ever diver he still deserved to be clapped off as he was a damn fine player. Best ever FB I've seen?... probably... but fuck I wished Bennett left Lockyer at #1 instead of moving him to #6, he might've been better.

22 hours ago, Mr Chook said:

Just got back from Qld so haven't had a chance to get on here gloating until now.

Wow. Best game we've played all year and we saved it for the big one. In fact, it could very well be the best game I've ever seen the Roosters play given the circumstances. 

Keary won the CC Medal by a mile. 

Cronks effort to play with a broken scapula will go down in folklore alongside Satters jaw and Burgess cheekbone. Sure he did fuck all with the ball but that shot he put on Asofa-Solomona on the tryline was legendary stuff - pure courage to go in like that the way his shoulder was on an absolute giant running at full tilt.

On the subject of playing with injuries, I have to mention Ferguson's last 20mins ever wearing a tri-colours jersey on a broken leg!!

I was critical of JWH in this finals series but he stepped up when it mattered. In fact from 1 to 17 played out of their skins.

On the booing of Slater - fuck him, he was fair game. I didn't like the booing after the game though. Even though he's a grub and the NRL's greatest ever diver he still deserved to be clapped off as he was a damn fine player. Best ever FB I've seen?... probably... but fuck I wished Bennett left Lockyer at #1 instead of moving him to #6, he might've been better.

That's the only issue I had with the booing myself. Boo the fuck out of him during the game but after the game when it's all said and done, he was an elite player retiring who'd played for Australia many times. Poor form

10 hours ago, Harry Sack said:

That's the only issue I had with the booing myself. Boo the fuck out of him during the game but after the game when it's all said and done, he was an elite player retiring who'd played for Australia many times. Poor form

? You need to practice more self compassion. You are way too hard on yourself.