Mr Fourex

Coffee Beans

Question for you coffee connoisseurs

I'm buying one of those drip feed coffee machines (per below) and am looking for advice on what coffee beans to buy.

I'm not interested in wanky flavours that combine the scent of an unborn baby rhino with the aromatic flowers of the Himalayas

I just want coffee that tastes like coffee.....and reasonably strong. I take my coffee with milk and 1 sugar. I hoping also that the brewed coffee will give the kitchen area of our house that lovely brewed coffee smell. 

What say ye......?

image.png

Was Drinking a cup of home brewed coffee every morning until about 8 months ago.

was drinking Harris 5 bean rating in strength.

stopped cold turkey and fucking near killed me with headaches for 3 days.

I’m good now. Having a coffee every Sat morning and no probs. Quite enjoy it more now I think.

4 hours ago, farmduck said:

Do you have your own grinder? If not the Lavazza also comes as ground coffee. They also sell (or they did 20 years ago) the best decaf I've ever tasted. From the smell and taste you'd never guess it was decaf.

Ahh yes...I'll need a grinder. Better look into that.

Where can one purchase this Lavazza stuff? Don't mind Italian coffee........ 

Forget the drip filter, pain in the arse and shit flavour because the coffee gets over extracted by the amount of water flowing through it.

Buy yourself an espresso machine, they're cheap enough nowadays ( even for you ). I have a grinder but don't use it , I just buy pre-ground. I don't use the steam heater for the milk either, just pop it the microwave for a minute or so whilst i extract the coffee, it literally takes less time than boiling a jug for instant once you get the hang of it.

I've got an older model kinda like this that I've had for about ten years or so, can't fault it.