Diddee

Sell the Forum

Forums are a bit old-school these days. The paradox is that the best way to promote a forum is to go on to a social media platform and plug the forum but the average users there thinks, "Well I'm already talking here. Why would I wanna go over there and talk?"

I haven't made any effort to plug my forum since a few months after I started. I couldn't be bothered getting Twitter and a YT channel and an Instagram and Gab and then going on each platform every day to promote some thread I just started. Once you reach a critical mass you don't have to do much. Or you can use lots of clickbait. I normally just get Google and Amazon bots and spiders and boardreaders on my site but yesterday I started a thread with "Race Realism" in the title and it's had 100 views in less than 2 days.

Maybe you are right.

There’s a thread on here called leaked nude photos of nrl players that has more views than most other threads.

I guess that is an example of the same thing........and an indication of people’s real interests on here.

6 hours ago, Diddee said:

Fourex

Bandwagon

Harry

Sydgeoff

Farmduck

Quint

Me

Is there really only 6 people active on this site?

You ought to see my site. In theory I have 24 members. In reality there are about 5 who check the site at least once a week, Usually about 3 of them per day. Apart from me and one spammer, nobody has posted a word in the last 12 months. Even most of my posts are just when I'm arguing with someone on another site and I want to do a draft then go through and get my ideas fine-tuned.

18 hours ago, Diddee said:

Fourex

Bandwagon

Harry

Sydgeoff

Farmduck

Quint

Me

Is there really only 6 people active on this site?

To be fair, I'm only active sporadically. 

I'd probably spend more time on here if there were more people posting, tbh. 

I don't tend to spend more time over at LU because there are plenty of people chatting about everything.

Speaking of which, are we all aware that our very own Mr Bandwagon has been made a mod over there?

15 hours ago, farmduck said:

You ought to see my site. In theory I have 24 members. In reality there are about 5 who check the site at least once a week, Usually about 3 of them per day. Apart from me and one spammer, nobody has posted a word in the last 12 months. Even most of my posts are just when I'm arguing with someone on another site and I want to do a draft then go through and get my ideas fine-tuned.

What sit3 is that, if you don’t Indi me asking?

5 hours ago, Quint said:

I don't tend to spend more time over at LU because there are plenty of people chatting about everything.

Speaking of which, are we all aware that our very own Mr Bandwagon has been made a mod over there?

FMD....you're kidding. What.a.lickarse

6 hours ago, Diddee said:

What sit3 is that, if you don’t Indi me asking?

https://rugbyleagueuniverse.freeforums.net/threads/recent

I used to have it in my sig on this forum but that must have been before you got here. After about 6 months when there was nothing happening, I stopped plugging it.

I was on a forum called Super League Fans for a few years. Even though it was 99% Brits they all watched NRL so there was plenty of OZ content. It just turned to shit so I started my own and, unfortunately, the only posters I got were the same ones who had turned SLF into shit.

You don't need to join the proboards forums like mine. They allow people to post as guests and it's probably the only forum software that does that. It's also free, both the software and the hosting. Some software, like this one, cost a coupla hundred plus site-hosting fees.